"At Maplewood Country Day Camp parents will find programs for all ages. Whether 3 or 14, each camper will feel supported and included"
Preschool and Kindergarten
Our 2,3, or 5 days Preschool and Kindergarten programs are specifically designed for our youngest campers, ages 3-5. This is a wonderful opportunity for your child to experience all of the fun and excitement of summer camp. Half day or full day options allow you to choose the program that works best for your child and your schedule.
We offer an active, cooperative program to promote skill development and build confidence. Each day your child will participate in a wide variety of activities made up of a perfect combination of active and relaxed activities - swimming, sports, the arts, gymnastics, pedal karts, Maplewood Village, boating. Story-time, quiet group games and playground time provide children the opportunity to slow down.
Nurturing, experienced counselors provide individual attention (3-to-1 camper to counselor ratio) and make certain that campers feel supported and included. Director and staff regularly communicate with parents to discuss your child’s camp experience.
- ½ Day (9-1 or 11:30-4) and Full Day options
- 2, 3, 5-dayday programs
- 3-to-1 camper to counselor ratio
- Daily Swim instruction in a heated, specially designed shallow pool
- Exclusive areas for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Air-Conditioned classrooms for specialty activities
View the camper's daily schedule:
- 3 &4 years: Peanuts (Tues. and Thurs.) and Rascals (Mon., Wed., Fri.)
- 5 years: Chipmunks (Mon., Tues., Thurs.)
- Muppets (Mon., Wed., Fri.)
- Poodles (Mon. - Fri.)
1st-7th Grade Summer Camp Program
This action-packed summer camp program is overflowing with activities, providing campers an extraordinary chance to broaden horizons; discover new interests; create lasting friendships; and above all, have fun!
There is a wide variety of activities each day for campers in sports, the arts, gymnastics, pedal karts, swimming, and boating.
Club Day gives growing campers the opportunity to shape their own summer camp experience by choosing activities based on personal interests such as puppet making, astronomy, nature, yoga, lego robotics, yoyoing, magic, fishing, cup stacking, gardening and a long list of other options.
Campers in 2nd grade and above participate in Maplewood’s summer camp adventure programs, including rock climbing and the ropes course.
4th graders and above can opt for special programs that include horseback riding, golf, and tennis. Campers 3rd grade and above can participate in the tennis program.
Caring counselors and specialist create an environment that challenges campers, promotes learning, and encourages cooperation and friendship. They will be there every step of the way to guide your child as they take on new challenges.
View the camper's daily schedule:
- 1st-grade groups: Bunnies, Ladybugs, Aquanauts, and Jolly Rogers
- 2nd-grade groups: Witches, Leprechauns, Sharks, and Roadrunners
- 3rd-grade groups: Mermaids, Unicorns, Vikings, and Musketeers (3rd & 4th grade)
- 4th-grade groups: Rockettes, Be-Boppers, and Knights
- 5th-grade groups: Pinkies, Stinkers, and Wild Ones
- 6th-grade boys: Trailblazers
- 6th & 7th-grade groups: Angels and Rebels
C.I.T. (Counselor In Training Program)
The C.I.T. program gives our most mature campers, who are entering the 8th and 9th grades, a feel for what it take to be a counselor while still having the opportunity to participate in all of the great activities at Maplewood.
In their role as a Maplewood C.I.T., they will have the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence that will help them to become effective leaders and positive role models.